1st IPCRG Euro-Asian conference in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, 18-20 October 2018
IPCRG and the FRESH AIR team are planning the first IPCRG Euro-Asian meeting for the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) region.
The conference will be held in Bishkek on 18-20 October 2018 and its ambitious objectives are to:
- Present the results of FRESH AIR to other teams in the CIS region
- Build on FRESH AIR stakeholder engagement to strengthen the role of patient organisations in self-management and self-monitoring of respiratory disease
- Discuss the optimal system for the management of patients with respiratory disease in primary care, adapted to local conditions, including clarity about appropriate roles and responsibilities for nurses, family doctors and non-medical personnel
- Define the core competences and learning needs of these roles and the policy implications
- Improve the practical skills of family doctors and nurses to use the minimum simple and accessible methods, including m-health for timely diagnosis and treatment
- Increase the capacity of teachers of primary care through testing our IPCRG ‘teach the teacher’ approach
- Provide to policymakers and clinicians an overview of the role and prospects for eHealth and mHealth in lower income countries, illustrating with FRESH AIR implementation of SpiroSmart, a mHealth spirometry application from the University of Washington
- Increase capacity of young family doctors, nurses and GPs to improve the diagnostic process in primary care by teaching the about implementation science and quality improvement
For more information, please contact Talant Sooronbaev and Siân Williams. And see more here including the programme.