IPCRG Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Pakistan in collaboration with Pakistan Chest Society and TB Control Program jointly commemorated World TB Day 2016 and scheduled diverse events with the purpose to create awareness among the community about TB. Following events were organized to utilize World TB Day 2016.
1. Advocacy Seminar at Regional Level (Abbottabad) on 30th March 2016, the activity was chaired by Minister Health KP, Secretary Health and DG Health was also present. Large gathering comprising Doctors, paramedics and nurses were also present.
2. Advocacy Seminar at Regional Level (Malakand) on 28th March 2016. The activity by large gathering comprising Doctors, paramedics and nurses, support staff . media personal were also present.
3. Communication / awareness campaign through Radio and TV. Multiple live programs were conducted to spread TB awareness messages in communities living in far flung areas.
4. Communication / awareness campaign through Print media/ Newspaper. TB awareness messages and advertisements were published in both national languages and also daily English papers.
5. Press Conference was carried out on 22nd March 2016 by the organizing committee of Pakistan Chest Society, IPCRG members at Press Club Peshawar.
6. Seminar in Khyber Medical College Peshawar on 22nd March 2016, to create awareness in medical students of MBBS about various components of DOTS strategy and treatment/ Quiz competition among the medical students about Tuberculosis was also carried out. A walk was also arranged by the medical students and faculty members and slogans were chanted to mark the World TB day on 22nd March 2016.
7. One day symposium at the auditorium of Post Graduate Medical Institute Lady Reading Hospital Peshawar was held on 24th March 2016. Postgraduate students, Professors, faculty members, Medical Officers and trainee medical Officers attended the activity, Detailed presentation by Dr. Maqsood Ali, about various performance indicators and intervention in core TB DOTS were discussed . Prof. Dr Arshad Javaid head of Pulmonology dept. LRH discussed the treatment protocols of MDR TB and treatment outcomes.
District TB Control Officer
Press Information Secretary IPCRG Pakistan,