Dear IPCRG Colleagues
Reason nine to submit an abstract for our 4th Scientific Meeting being held in Singapore, 28th – 30th May 2015.
Feedback and support offered for selected abstracts that are relevant but need improvement
The Abstract Committee has offered to help authors whose abstracts are relevant but need improvement before they can be accepted. This is particularly aimed at new researchers.
Tips to improve the success of your clinical research abstract:
- Include a hypothesis
- Include data
- Check it is relevant to a primary care audience
- Check it is relevant to the conference theme
- If it is a service development consider if it should be submitted using the Implementation Science/Service Development form.
Tips to improve the success of your Implementation science/service development abstract:
- State the problem the change is trying to address
- Specify who: who has made/is making the change, and/or who benefits
- Include measures: more measures, less text is a good way to think
- Provide evidence of the change (remember we can learn from changes that are not improvements)
- Consider how it is relevant for a wider international IPCRG audience
- Include a final message: so what have you learned that you want to share?
- Avoid presenting a literature review, we want an analysis of a real service change
- If it is about clinical medicine it might be more suitable for the Clinical Research Results category
A reminder that delegates from the following countries: Pakistan, Bangladesh, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, China, Philippines, Vietnam and Singapore have the opportunity to apply for a bursary to support their attendance at our 4th Scientific Meeting.
Applications to be considered for a bursary should be received by 1st February 2015. We do however welcome applications as soon as you are ready. For more information on criteria and how to apply see website
and click on Bursary Programme. Applicants need to submit an abstract for the meeting by Saturday 14th February 2015.
Follow us on Twitter @IPCRG2015.
2015 Scientific Programme Committee
Dr Tan Tze Lee, Singapore, Chair
Dr Tan Ngiap Chuan, Singapore
Professor David Price, Singapore
Professor Josefina S Isidro-Lapena, Philippines
Dr Vinh Nhu Nguyen, Vietnam
Professor Chunxue Bai, China
Professor Khoo Ee Ming, Malaysia