Newsletter - 15 February, 2017
Dear IPCRG Colleagues
Now that the ERS 2017 deadline has passed, our abstract submission deadline is only 2 weeks away!
We do accept encore abstracts - that is, abstracts that meet our criteria submitted to and/or accepted by a previous national or international meeting, but not a previous IPCRG meeting.
Tips to improve the success of your abstract for our 5th IPCRG Scientific Meeting being held in Ljubljana, Slovenia 17 – 18 May, 2017 (arrive for 6pm 17th May, abstracts will be on 18th May). https://www.eventsforce.net/ipcrgslovenia.
Abstract deadline is Wednesday 1st March 2017.
Tips to improve the success of your clinical research abstract:
- Include a hypothesis
- Include data
- Check it is relevant to a primary care audience
- Check it is relevant to the conference theme
- If it is a service development consider if it should be submitted
using the Implementation Science/Service Development form
Tips to improve the success of your Implementation science/service
- State the problem the change is trying to address
- Specify who: who has made/is making the change, and/or who benefits
- Include measures: more measures, less text is a good way to think
- Provide evidence of the change (remember we can learn from changes
that are not improvements)
- Consider how it is relevant for a wider international IPCRG audience
- Include a final message: so what have you learned that you want to
- Avoid presenting a literature review or lots of general background, we
want an analysis of a real service change
- If it is about clinical medicine it might be more suitable for the
Clinical Research Results category
If you don’t have data yet, consider submitting a research idea on the relevant online form, and receive peer review about the method and proposed analysis.
To submit your Clinical Research Results, Research Ideas on Respiratory Conditions and Tobacco Dependence or Implementation Science/Service Development abstract, please follow the links from our website. Deadline for submission 1st March 2017.
Follow us on twitter @IPCRGSlovenia17
Chair Scientific Programme Committee & IPCRG President Elect
The International Primary Care Respiratory Group (IPCRG) is a charity registered in Scotland working internationally (SC No: 035056) and a company limited by guarantee (Company number 256268)
The IPCRG is the Respiratory Special Interest Group of WONCA Europe and an Organisation in Collaborative Relations with WONCA Global
The IPCRG is the primary care representative on WHO-Global Alliance against Chronic Respiratory Diseases (GARD) Planning Executive Supporter of the NCD Alliance www.theipcrg.org